Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Stressful Day Gratitude List


Things for Which I'm Grateful on a Stressful Day
  1. We left late after a bumpy morning. I was worried about the skiff of...something...on the road. I finally asked my husband if he would slow down if I cried. He solved that problem with a test. He laid on the brakes, we didn't slide, and I was fine after that. Knowing is sooo powerful. We laughed and joked the rest of the way.
  2. I'm glad there are CPA's to do W2's and end of year taxes and be so nice about it.
  3. My son had to hang out most of the day in the lobby of my office because school was out--without complaint. How did I get one of the angelic teenagers? (Uh oh. Did I write that out loud?)
  4. I was able to take my boy with the shiny new driver's permit out for a little practice during a brief break in the non-stop action. We didn't even make each other nervous (much).
  5. One thing about living with parents: I didn't have to cook dinner after getting home late.
  6. I'm pretty sure my misdirected Excel worksheets can be moved some way. Later. Like next week.
  7. School is already on a one-hour delay tomorrow. More sleep!
  8. The sneaking temptation to leave for class in the city early tomorrow and spend my Target gift cards (on me!) or shop for pants (for me!).
  9. Writing anything at all when I feel like hiding in a cave instead. Maybe Julia Cameron is right. Real artists show up when they feel like it and when they don't feel like it. Take that moody world. We have remedies.
  10. We met with our pastor/architect for the first discussion of our new house plan!!! The first step in making a dreamhouse real is taken. The important made it in there after all.

No comments: